Thursday, April 7, 2011

FINAL STORY: The Roommate

I can’t wait to go to college and finally be on my own. It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for such a long time. I am going to the University of Minnesota and I am going to be staying on campus in a dorm. My mom’s a little nervous about me staying there and what not but I really think that it’s best for me. She is also sad that I’m going away. We’ve never really been apart and this is going to be really hard for her. I was scheduled to move out tomorrow and bring all of my stuff to the dorm. The scary thing was is that I had a roommate and I didn’t know anything about her, not even her name. I was nervous and I want her to like me and I wanted us to get along. I started to pack all of the things that I would need. I packed all of my clothes, my books, my shoes and my hair stuff and tooth brush. Once everything was packed I felt a little better but I was still nervous about meeting my roommate.
The next day my mom and my dad helped me load up the van. I had to bring furniture to the dorm so we had to load up my bed and a few other pieces of furniture. Everything was in the van that I needed. It was time to take off and head towards the school. There was barely any traffic so we got there pretty fast. Now that I was there I had butterflies in my stomach. My dad dropped me and my mother off so we could go check in and find out where my room was. My dad waited to see where we needed to go. My room number was 133 and was on the other side of campus. Me and my mom got back in the van and drove over to the other side of campus. We parked the car and started to unload my things. I grabbed my bags of clothes while my parents carried my mattress. We got to the room and I unlocked it and opened it. My roommate was sitting on her bed.
“Hi, I’m Rachel. Welcome, you can put all your things over on that side of the room.”
“Hey thanks! I’m Jess.”
“Do you guys need any help?”
“Ah no I think we’re almost done anyways, thanks though!”
At that second me and my parents left and grabbed some more stuff out of the van.
“Oh honey she seems nice!” said my mom.
“Yes she does, that makes me feel better. I can see us getting along.”
“See you had nothing to worry about”
We were on our way back to bringing more stuff into the dorm. This was the last load we had to bring to the room. We got to the room and put everything in there. My parents were saying goodbye to me and my mom was just balling.
            “I’m going to miss you so much. Keep in touch hon. I love you so much and stay out of trouble!”  My mom said as I could barely hear her because she was crying.
            “Yeah, stay out of trouble. Love you and miss you hon.” My dad said.
They both gave me a huge hug and a kiss before they left. This had to of been really hard for my parents.  I was now left alone with my roommate. I started to put all of my things away and put them in their place.
            “So are you new around here?” said Rachel.
            “Yeah I am, it’s my first year. Are you new?”
            “Yeah this is my first year too!”
            “Oh that’s cool, that makes me feel a lot better ha-ha!”
            “Well I’m going to go to the cafeteria, you want to come? I can show you around?”
            “Yeah that sounds great! I think I need a break from putting my things away anyways!”
So we took off and she started to show me around. She had been here for a week already and she had already checked out the place.  She showed me the cafeteria, it was pretty big and it looked clean. The food they served looked pretty delicious. I got a sandwich because I was super hungry and I hadn’t eaten anything all day. It was a ham and cheese sandwich. It was sooo delicious. Rachel just got a coffee. We sat down at a table and talked about each other. She told me a little about herself and I told her about me. We were having such a great time. We were actually getting along.
            The next week I started to see some of my things missing. Like my hair brush, tooth brush, pillow, and underwear. I was really confused and I couldn’t find them. My last resort was to ask Rachel if she had seen them.
“Hey have you seen my stuff?”
“What stuff?”
“My hair brush, tooth brush, pillow, and underwear! They’re missing, and I can’t find them anywhere!”
“Oh yeah sorry I took them.”
“Wait what? You took them? Why?!”
“I just needed to borrow them. Sorry I didn’t tell you.”
“Rachel that’s my stuff, you can’t just take my stuff without asking!!!!!”
“Oh well my bad!”
“Alright well I’m going out. You better have my stuff put back as soon as possible!”
“WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!” YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME!”
“What are you talking about? You’re crazy! I can leave whenever I want!”
As I tried to leave Rachel came after me and grabbed me by the wrist.
“You are not leaving!”
“AAAAHHHH!” I belted out this loud scream. I was so frightened, and I didn’t know what to do. I thought she was going to kill me. I didn’t know what I did to her but she didn’t want me to leave. She locked the door and was not letting me out. I did not know what to do. She tied me to a chair and told me again that I could not leave her. She showed me her shrine in her closet and it was all my stuff that I was missing. I was terrified. This girl was obsessed with me. I sat there in horror and I watched her pace the door back and forth.
“You know what I’m going to do with you?” Rachel said to me.
“No… What?!”  I said in a shivered voice.
“I am going to tell you… APRIL FOOLS! Hahahhaha! You actually were scared and thought I was going to kill you!”
“WHAT! You were just kidding?! Wow, you are so mean! I can’t believe you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment