Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daily journal: Scared of something

One morning our family woke up bright and early. It was the day that we were going to go to Valley Fair. I was all awake and ready for the long day at the fair. I was wearing shorts and a tank top and my favorite pink flip flops. As everyone got ready I was watching my favorite show called Rugrats. Finally! everyone was ready and we were walking out to the car. Before we actually started the journey to the fair we had to stop and get gas at a local Holiday. So we finally started driving out there. The drive seemed like it was taking forever, but i think it felt that way because i just wanted to get there as soon as possible. Once we arrived you could tell because you could see the huge crazy rides from the entrance. They looked scary and intimidating. My parents had already been here before so they knew what rides to go on first. First we went on these Antique cars that you drive on this cool little track. That was so much fun because i couldnt drive yet. Then my mom wanted to go on The Wild Thing. We walked on over to where it was and i started to shake. My mom asked me whats wrong and i said i was scared. I didnt want to go on that ride. It looked way too high and scary for me. My mom was really mad at me that i wouldnt go on it and i started to feel bad. So i decided to go on it. We got in line and my mind had racing thoughts of the ride crashing and breaking. I started to sweat and needed some water. My mom gave me some water to drink. It was also very hot out so i could have fainted or dehydrated. It was finally our turn to get on the ride. I was terrified.
I wanted to sit in the middle with my brother because the middle seemed the safest to ride. I got in the middle and buckled up. I sat there and thoughts rushed through my head again. I started to cry, and then the ride took off. WOOSHH! Off we went as the ride started to creep up, and up, and up, and up. Then finally we were sitting at the top of the ride. From there it was a straight drop down. I was shaking in fear. Then WAM! The ride flew down.

No comments:

Post a Comment