Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily journal: The clock winked...

The clock winked and I then realized it was 12:00 pm. I was already late to my meeting which was at 10:00 am. I didn't even want to go in now because I was so late. The meeting was probabaly over by now anyways. So I decided to be some-what responsible and to call my manager and tell him why I didn't make it.
"My child had a fever sir, and I had to take her to the hospital this morning.." I thought this would be a great excuse. Until his daughter was in school and had also seen my daughter in school and NOT in the hospital. I had been caught! My excuse didn't work and now I look like a lier. Now my boss is never going to trust me again. Then I apologized to my manager and said, "Im sorry for lying to you I don't know what I was thinking, but the trust is my alarm didn't go off this morning and I over slept. Im sorry! My manager was happy that I apologized and told me the truth and he decided to give me another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment