Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily journal: "I wish someone had told me..."

I wish someone had told me at a young age that middle school and high school is very important. I wish someone would have told me to work hard and do my very best to succeed in high school. I wish someone would have told me that how I perform in high school will reflect how I get into college. I wish I would have known that I was going to college at a young age but when I grew up we grew up in a subsidised town home in Edina/Richfield. The area was okay but the people were kind of trashy. No one had money where I lived, so growing up i always thought i wouldn't have any money to go to college. Years later we moved to Apple Valley when i was 9. It was such a change to the city. We were now in the suburbs, something totally different. The people were also alot different. I think moving to Apple Valley was the best decision my parents have ever made. My life changed drastically and my new way of living would make things 10 times better. The schools were even better, I was behind when i came to Apple Valley. I needed special help in some areas to catch up. Thank goodness I came to Apple Valley otherwise honestly i don't think i would have made it to college if i stayed in Edina/Richfield. I am greatful for the schools that i went to out here. They are great great schools, and now i get to reward my self from all the hard work i did and i get to go to college! I still do wish i could have done better in middle school and high school, but im good where i stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment